Donate HERE to help fund this movie.
A Carefully Crafted Hoax
By combining original footage, news clips, lost scenes from a suppressed documentary, Conspiracy of Silence, telephone recordings, classified documents, and interviews with the victims who are now adults, A Carefully Crafted Hoax builds on the mountain of existing evidence to present a portrait of Johnny, Paul, Alisha and the rest of the throwaway kids whose lives were fatefully intertwined in the disturbing world of child prostitution.
The film seeks to understand what happened to Johnny and elucidate Alisha's fate, and look at Boys Town's role in the national pandering network.
What has become of King's pedophile ring? Who is collecting these kids off our streets and selling them? How can we stop it?
• Noreen Gosch, Mother of Johnny Gosch
• Lawrence King, Former President of Franklin Credit Union and accused ringleader of a national pedophile network
• Paul Rodriguez, Washington Times, broke stories on powerbroker Craig Spence, King's partner in pandering and blackmail
• John DeCamp, Former Nebraska senator who wrote The Franklin Cover-Up, a book detailing the scandal
• Eulice Washington, First victim of King's to come forward
• Tony Harris, Boys Town student who was flown around the country by King for sexual exploitation
• Henry Vinson, owned the largest escort service in DC history and supplied escorts to Craig Spence and Larry King
• Paul Bonacci, A victim who was awarded a $1 million judgement against King and admitted to abducting Johnny Gosch.
• Fred Carter, Former Boys Town mayor who privy of Boys Town students being used for for sexual exploitation
• Alisha Owen, One of six exploited kids to come forward and testify before the grand jury
• William Colby, Former Director of CIA
• Rusty Nelson, Blackmail photographer hired by King
• Val Peter, President and director of Boys Town
• Rue Fox, Former Boys Town student who was exploited by King
• Troy Bonner, Former victim exploited by King
• Nikolai Cayman, Former Boys Town student exploited by King
Nick Bryant's writing has recurrently focused on the plight of disadvantaged children in the United States, and he's been published in numerous national journals, including the Journal of Professional Ethics, Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, Journal of Social Distress and Homelessness, Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, and Journal of School Health. He is the co-author of America's Children: Triumph of Tragedy, addressing the medical and developmental problems of lower socioeconomic children in America.
RUMUR is an award winning multimedia studio based in Brooklyn. Working in all mediums and using a broad scope of technologies, we offer a comprehensive suite of services, ranging from creative consulting to web development, motion picture production, digital distribution and marketing. Partners David Beilinson, Suki Hawley and Michael Galinsky bring a extensive array of skills and a tireless commitment to creating excellent and innovative work, regardless of medium.
RUMUR has closely collaborated with high profile clients in the news, entertainment, consumer products, and non-profit industries, to realize both small and large-scale productions. As the lines between film, television, and the web continue to blend together, RUMUR integrates its productions across multiple platforms starting at the early development stages through final print and distribution.
RUMUR creates feature films, webisodes, music videos, mini-series, industrial commercials, and web applications, including the critically acclaimed Horns and Halos, Occupation Dreamland, Miami Manhunt, Half-Cocked, and Radiation. We also produce media for larger non-profits like the New York Public Library.